Divorce can be a very disruptive and emotional experience for all concerned. It can be especially difficult when your most important asset, your children are involved. We understand that and work with you to protect your interests while maintaining a caring and understanding relationship. We take each case personally.
Our firm knows that we have a great deal of responsibility toward our clients, we will do all we can to see that your assets are protected and you obtain all that the law allows. This may include, pension benefits, spousal support, and a fair and just settlement which can include possession of the children, child support and visitation.
When clients come to Neighborhood Legal Centers’ offices from Cuyahoga and surrounding counties, to talk about a divorce, they have some very serious concerns about the divorce process and about their future. They want to know that their lawyer will protect their rights and interests. That is job #1 for us.
Our Family Law Expertise Includes:
- Child Custody and Support: We can help you reach a parenting agreement that is in the best interests of your children. If you are entitled to spousal support, we will discuss all of your rights and options.
- Complex Property Division: When a family-owned business, investment accounts and other assets are marital, we will work to see that they are divided fairly. If assets are hidden, we will attempt to discover and reveal them to our clients.
- Property Division: We will make sure all marital property, including real estate, is divided fairly according to Ohio law.
- Protection Orders: If Violence is an issue in your family, we can help make sure that you and your family our safe. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE. Our office also represents clients in post decree matters, enforcing court orders for child support, visitation, spousal support and related matters.
- Restraining Orders: We can search for assets and restrain your spouse and others from dissipating or wasting assets in which you have an interest.
- Retirement Account Division: Pensions and retirement accounts are often marital assets which need to be divided, but there are creative ways of protecting them.
Call your local Neighborhood Legal Centers’ office for an appointment – we’re your neighbors!